Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Going Paperless with ScanSnap

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300, a tiny little duplex scanner that promises to allow you to load up to 10 pages.

You can load way more than 10 pages. Which is cool. I've been on a business trip with a packed briefcase. All the informtion that was worth retaining is now in digital form. Most of the paper can be dumped in my shred box.

The way I like to use the ScanSnap is to have a pile of papers. As I scan each, I go ahead and type in the right name. I like to name my files "yymmdd description." That means they sort quickly.

I had a big pile of business cards as well. The ScanSnap comes with a nice little business card app, that promises to upload the images into Outlook and other organizers. Very cool.

Loving this scanner!

No comments:

Post a Comment